- Write a range of sentences with some words missing
- Place possible words (that could go in the sentences) onto pieces of paper and place in hoops around the room
- As a class, go over the different parts of speech (verbs, nouns, adjectives, prepositions, adverbs and pronouns).
- In small groups, pupils are given 2 or 3 spots and a sentence with words missing
- Groups have to work co-operatively to travel around the hall only using spots to stand on
- Pupils collect a word from one of the hoops and return to their group to decide where the word would fit in the sentence
- Repeat until all the gaps have been filled and the sentence makes sense